MEDIA PACK | 2023
Celebrating the beauty of English gardens
For more than a quarter of a century, The English Garden has celebrated the country’s most beautiful gardens, and guided readers with expert, trusted advice and inspiration. Exclusive photography of the finest gardens and intelligent, in-depth content are at the very heart of The English Garden. The gardens we feature may be historic or contemporary, but they are always quintessentially English – a noted point of difference from our competitors. Our readers strive for a timeless, impressive garden, and to this end they invest for the long term, favouring quality brands and products.
The English Garden enters 2023 on the back of two years of increased interest in gardening, the nation’s gardeners continuing to delight in their outdoor spaces and invest in them. Reflecting that, our readers are more engaged than ever: In 2022, annual subscribers made up 66% of all subscribers. In addition, we continue to invest in retail promotions at newsstand.
Likewise, digital traffic continues to grow. We have quadrupled the frequency of emails to our highly engaged database, leading to 60% growth in online traffic from email, and our email database has grown by 35%.
56,147 Total Circulation (ABC Jan-Dec 2021)
40,786 Subscribers (ABC Jan-Dec 2021)
170,000 Print Readership
440,000 Digital Reach
Every year UK households spend around £7.5billion on garden goods and £2.4billion on the services of gardeners and landscapers. Our highly discerning audience is:
• More engaged than ever before, with annual subscribers making up 66% of all subscribers.
• Influenced by the engaging editorial and sumptuous printed pages of the magazine.
• Predominantly 55+ and has the time and money to invest in their garden.
• Is more affluent than that of its closest magazine competitors, with 65% of purchasers classed as being of ‘high’ or ‘very high’ affluence.*
• Strategically promoted at leading newsstands, including M&S, Waitrose & Partners, WHSmith, Booths, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. • Selected independent newsagents and retailers. • Major events, including RHS Chelsea and Hampton Court flower shows. • Distributed to influential members of: The National Garden Scheme (NGS), Society of Garden Designers (SGD), The English Gardening School, Capel Manor College, KLC School of Design and Inchbald School of Design. • Delivered to luxury hotels nationwide, including most 4* and 5* hotels in London, and widely available on bespoke media libraries. • Widely consumed on Readly.
We are delighted to work with key partners within the industry to create high-quality content that brings a product, service or venue to life in a way that truly resonates with our readership. Please contact us directly to discuss bespoke creative solutions.
Outside Back Cover: £4,345
Inside Front Cover: £3,905
Inside Back Cover: £3,465
Double Page Spread: £5,055
Full Page: £3,245
Half Page: £1,925
Quarter Page: £1,025
Double Page Partner Feature: £5,500
Full Page Partner Feature: £3,495
Quarter Page: £795
Eighth Page: £405
Per column cm: £35
Online Feature: £1,750
Competition: £2,000 + prize
Online Directory: £500
Double MPU: £1,100
Social Media Post: POA
Newsletter Advertorial: £900
Newsletter Leaderboard: £900
Solus Email: POA
Group Sales Director
020 7349 3709
Group Account Director
0207 349 3733
020 7349 3743
0207 349 3711